ATOMS IN ACTION.
ATOMS come in one of three types – sensing, logic, and output. Sensing ATOMS take in what’s happening in the environment around them – the light’s on, the sound is louder, the light’s off. Logic ATOMS take in what the sensors have observed and kick that information over to the output ATOMS which then act, by going faster, or stopping, or turning around. The combination of these three types of ATOMS are what help kids create things that DO things.
Thirteen unique building blocks are included in our first ATOMS sets. They are: motor, light sensor, sound module, knob module, battery brick, splitter, IR “laser,” IR target, LED, Flip Flop, accelerometer, exploding brick, and iPhone control brick (yep, we’re using Bluetooth 4.0). With these first 13, kids can make monsters that move, wands that turn on lights, castles that blow up, and stuff we haven’t even thought of yet.
HOW IT WORKS:
This creation will sense movement and gravity. As the signal gets stronger, it will run the motor faster and play back a user-recorded sound louder.
1. Sensing ATOMS have light up arrows to show the signal what they are sensing coming out of the module. These arrows blink faster when the signal is stronger.
2. Loop your signal through the battery module to power any ATOMS connected to that signal.
3. Output ATOMS have light up “boots” to show where the signal comes in. Connect your signal here, and it will drive the Output ATOMS stronger as the signal strength increases.
HOW IT WORKS iOS DIAGRAM:
This creation is controlled remotely from a Bluetooth 4 compatible iOS device. It allows the user to control the direction and speed of the two motors from their iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
1. Run the free ATOMS App.
2. Your iOS device communicates wirelessly with the ATOMS Bluetooth 4 module, sending your commands from your iOS device to your ATOMS creation.
3. Use the ATOMS Bluetooth 4 module to control any ATOMS. Just like all output ATOMS, the “boots” blink faster and the output is driven faster as the signal strength increases.